Sunday, December 1, 2013

Adverse effects on a student as consequences to keep up with the competitive world

I am writing this blog because my experiences as a student were not so good. I was not an average student. I was a sharp one. I used to score very high during my school days. Not at the topmost position though but one of the top five rank holders always. Those were difficult days when I had to keep up my rank among the top five. My mom put me in tuitions for almost every subject. My days involved only studying, attending the tuitions and completing the homeworks given by the tutors and by the teachers in school. Now when I remember those days , I feel sorry for myself. Today I am not in a very high post in my job compared to the days I have wasted studying so much. There are people who were behind me in academics and now they are doing well in their jobs. I wish I had not been given so many tuitions and had spent time living my life. I wish I had watched more movies, enjoyed more with my friends and read story books. I wish I had spent more time playing computer games. Today I feel those days are gone. I wish I had given more time to myself. I wish I had taken care of myself more during those days . I had to score high. So, was always studying. I wish I would not been a good student. Then the expectations of my parents and tuition teachers would not have been sky high. I used to study more and talk very less to people. Now I feel very sad for myself as I cannot talk to people in a group. I wish I would not have been good in Maths. Then I would have have wasted my summer vacations solving about a thousand problems as homework given by my tuition teacher. How I wish I could have not listened too them and enjoyed my life. That would have made my life easy. Today I am not happy with my life. I do not enjoy watching movies as I have lost interest in them since I did not watch them in my student days.

                How I wish I was an Arts student instead of becoming an Engineer and working in IT now. How I wish there would have been more scope for Arts students in our country. Because I was good in Maths I was asked to do engineering. How I wish I could talk more, write more and become a writer instead. How I wish people had no expectations from me and I would have lived my life peacefully. Henceforth, I request parents and teachers not to force their students to study more and not do what they want to. Let them be creative instead. I request parents to let their children become what they want to become.


3 comments:

RD said...

i have been following your blog posts for quite some time. they have an exceptional clarity of thought. since the current post highlights a topic which i have stressed upon in many of my field programmes i believe more suggestions from you in future posts, on building creative insights would be very encouraging for the readers. i hope you find the link provided here interesting... http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

Rumani Dey said...

The video is very interesting and educative.

RD said...

waiting for your next post.....

Pages